Monday, May 16, 2011

What I Have Learned So Far - Don't Worry, This Won't Take Long

1) My Hawaiian vocabulary is very limited. Fortunately, so is every one else's, but I may be motivated to learn some phrases beyond "Aloha!" when I'm greeted by others.

2) The "lei" doesn't  make me look like a complete idiot. I'm one step above that.

3) Wait staff are more conversational and friendly. The downside is that I have to tip better, but it's for a good cause, right. Someone has to pay for college in Georgia.

4) It's only enough to get you some stares and some odd looks. It's not quite enough to get thrown out.

5) It's a lot of fun. It's a good way to promote Gwinett's Relay For Life, since that's where the lei is from.

6) I'm going to have to invest in other colors at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment